Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output

Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output
  • Blu-ray Disc format compatible: For high-definition movie playback with resolution up to 5 times greater than DVD.
  • Delivers greatly enhanced video performance with standard DVDs: By upconverting their video resolution to HDTV compliant 720p
  • Plays BD-ROM discs: Backward compatible with DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD and CD-R/RW discs. Compatible with MP3, WMA and JPEG formats.
  • Built-in decoders: For next-generation Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD high-resolution surround, plus lossless Dolby TrueHD (2-channel).
  • HDMI output: Provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and supports

I used to own a Roku and I used it almost every day for my daughter who loves all the children's programs that are available. After about 1and half years the roku broke I did a little research and found out that insignia made a blueray player for $100.00 that would stream Netflix. I got it home, did the software update, which only took 2 min, and started using the streaming video from Netflix. I love the menu for Netflix that insignia created. It was a big improvement over the Roku. The only thing I miss is that Roku also allowed Amazon videos on demand to be rented and streamed also. No I no longer have this option. I hope they upgrade it to add this option.

Buy Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output Now

I purchased this unit used to have a Blu-Ray player and an upscale DVD player. The first movie I put in the system told me that I may have to upgrade my firmware in order to play the new content. For giggles, I went to the Insignia Website and downloaded the latest firmware, created a CD and within just a few minutes had the unit working.

It is not the fastest Blu-Ray available of course, but it works great, sounds great through the optical port and is overall a great deal if you can find it for about $100 used or $150 new. Anything over that cost you can probably find a newer, faster version. Overall, I recommend this purchase to anyone looking to get into the Blu-Ray game for $100. Hope this helps.

Read Best Reviews of Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output Here

I found a great deal on the wireless version of this dvd player & bought it to stream netflix. When I bought it I had high speed internet & it worked great! That same week I had fios installed and could no longer get netflix to connect. After many phone calls & frustration trying to get netflix to work, I was told by insignia tech support that their player is not currently compatible with verizon fios & that I should return it. They are working on a fix to the problem, but was told not to expect it anytime soon.

Want Insignia NS-2BRDVD Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output Discount?

I did not purchase this item on Amazon, but I used the reviews on Amazon to make my purchasing decision. I feel it necessary to correct one glaring inaccuracy I found with another review, however. THIS MODEL OF BLU-RAY PLAYER DOES NOT PLAY NETFLIX OR ANY OTHER STREAMING CONTENT!

After fooling with a Samsung BD-P1600 for literally a week trying to get the wi-fi to work, I took it back and got this Insignia for a little less. And within 2 minutes of getting it out of the box I had it hooked up to my TV via HDMI and my internet via wi-fi and was streaming a movie from Netflix. The Netfix is my favorite part about the player. It works well with my 3 MB/sec DSL connection. The movie takes about 30-45 seconds to buffer and start playing, then it works flawlessly the whole movie. Netflix has a lot of children's movies/shows for my 3 yr old, and the movie selection is not bad and growing every day

Standard DVD playing is fine with great picture quality. I haven't played a blu-ray in it yet, but if it's any better than the DVD quality, it is excellent. I have had it for a couple of weeks and all is good. I would recommend this player over a more expensive Samsung (kind of ironic that Insignia is made by Samsung).

No comments:

Post a Comment