Thursday, November 14, 2013

RCA M6204 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 2-Inch Color Display

RCA M6204 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 2-Inch Color DisplayI bought this item as a gift to my niece, and it works "perfectly", the only matter is the presentation, it's too light... it looks like one of those prizes you can find inside of your cereal box, and the buttons are a little hard to push, but we might know this as soon as we notice the price, so if you want to save some money and you don't care about how pretty and expensive your mp3 player looks like as soon as this one works for what you bought it, this is good option for you.

I have had many RCA mp3 players starting with the first. This model is definitely the WORST of all the models. It's a gift for your TRASH CAN. I can't understand why RCA keeps changing the models as they are getting progressively worse. The bottons are hard to manage....it feels like a piece of plastic...and more importantly it loads 70-90% of it's music under UNKNOWN ARTISTS which means you cannot navigate it's menu using the ARTISTS catagory. MOST IMPORTANTLY...rca/audiovox's costumer service is horrible; talked to several clerks regarding the player loading artists under unknown. Clerk's insists it's my audio files although the OPAL SOFTWARE LOADS IT CORRECTLY, IN ADDITION...STAMPING THE MUSIC BY IT'S OWN OPAL SOFTWARE...DOESN'T CORRECT IT...AND USING ANY OTHER STAMPING SOFTWARE DOESN'T CORRECT IT BUT...THE OLDER MODELS LOAD IT JUST FINE...SO IT'S NOT MY FILES...IT'S A SOFTWARE GLICHE THAT HAS DRIVEN ME OVER THE EDGE

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY..research another brand...I KNOW I WILL

GOODBYE...RCA PRODUCTS...YOU'VE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER.

Clarence

Buy RCA M6204 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 2-Inch Color Display Now

I am still learning the attributes of this player. Hopefully I will come back and write a more thorough review.

Right off the bat I have a good thing to say: This RCA player WILL do playlists! This is a "smart" player (I found this out the hard way by buying 2 other players from other brands that did not do playlists).

Many MP3 players are "dumb" players that will only list music by band name; they are basically just a flash memory that allows music playback to headphones. Though they may be well priced and have a large capacity and/or other features, there is no way to organize the music on their memory except by the natural file folder tree. Many of them even only list the bands alphabetically, or if you are lucky they list the bands in the order that they were loaded but they do NOT allow you to organize the songs separately in any particular order.

I needed an MP3 player for a dance performance for which I had chosen a playlist consisting of multiple bands and a specific order I wanted the songs in. From what I understand most Apple MP3 players allow playlists, but I was looking for something less expensive.

I went into Frys Electronics and found a large selection of many different brands of MP3 players starting as low as $20 (no name, text only screen, less Gigs) and well into the $100 range (name brand, large screen, lots of Gigs) but none of the sellers I approached could give me detailed information about the products besides what was already said on the packaging (several of them were very nice, but still unable to help me). To top it off, there is a restocking fee (I don't really blame them, used MP3 players do not sell well and might be broken or missing parts).

I chose a cheap one and brought it home. It was exactly what it advertised: cheap. On the good side, it was inexpensive enough that I almost kept it just for playing audio books or as a gift for a friend. No playlists, though.

After returning it, I bought a moderate sized one with a bigger screen, better name, higher price. No dice and no help from the salespeople.

After doing some research on line I learned that only certain makes of certain brands do what I wanted (some brands even differ dramatically between model numbers). I carefully read EVERY MP3 box on the shelf at the time. The only ones I found that even had the word "playlist" on the packaging were the RCA with easyRip (there was a cheaper RCA on sale that did NOT seem to have the software).

It worked!

I am not thrilled with learning a new music player software, but the player itself has been very good so far, and the playlists loaded and played great.

By the way, so far MS Mediaplayer is NOT playing well with the player or the other software. I have had this happen before where MSMP made its own private little space on an MP3 player that did not cooperate with playback. I was, however, able to load existing MSMP playlists into the player using the RCA easyRip.

Read Best Reviews of RCA M6204 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 2-Inch Color Display Here

I don't like this thing. The first review on here talks about how it does playlists. I can't get that to happen. I have had cheaper players where you just upload a folder and then you listen to it--simple. This comes with a software that will organize my whole music library on my computer etc---Hey RCA--I don't need you to organize my computer--I want to listen to metal when I want metal and blues when I want blues and I don't need you to make it so hard. YOu can scroll through artists--big deal--put 700 songs on here and then try to scroll down to an artist in the middle of the alphabet--hope you have a half hour. I have had this thing for only two months and as if this moment, I think it has expired--it won't turn on. So if i wanna go hiking today and i do, I have to go on my lunch hour an buy a new one. Don't buy this. RCA--make something better.

Want RCA M6204 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 2-Inch Color Display Discount?

Unless you rip the songs into the player straight from a CD, it will almost always show up under "Unknown Artist". Bad glitch that looks like it will not be fixed.

Save 31% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment