- Super ESP SteadySound shock protection
- Luminous LCD
- Folding stereo headphones with backlit remote control
- MD Link optical output
- 11 playback modes
Buy Sony DE885 Discman Portable CD Player Now
The styling and features of this model are top-notch. However, even the slightest movement and it skips (and skips and skips), making it impossible to walk with. My girlfriend has the D-E705 which takes some serious effort to make it skip. Do yourself a favor, buy a Sony, just not this model.Read Best Reviews of Sony DE885 Discman Portable CD Player Here
Despite the criticisms on the other reviews I've found the ESP2 shock protection works pretty well. To be fair to Sony, they do say somewhere in the blurb that it's not suitable for jogging. I've just tried giving it a fairly good shaking and it won't skip. Perhaps there were problems with earlier versions or something? It's small, light, and yep the case will mark fairly easily, but it sounds good and for me the sound it produces is the most important thing. I ditched the supplied phones and got something better (for my taste) but your mileage may varyThis, and the Aiwa knockoff, (ASIN: B00004TATM,) are roughly the same player. (The Aiwa's chunkier tho...) I've even got it on good authority that Sony makes Aiwa's cd players, so there's something to consider... Anyhow, both of these are good players. I've found the bass boost burns batteries, so if you are on a budget, better keep that and the anti-skip stuff off. And like others, I've noticed that the anti-shock flakes a little, but ONLY when the batteries are getting low. Fresh batteries = good as new. I walk to and from work with this every day, and with good batteries, I don't get a flicker, until say a week has passed.Once you get past the awesome sound this Sony pumps out you are entertained with all the extras on this baby. The remote control unit supplied for this unit is top notch and comes in so handy when you are doing some serious music listening!

No comments:
Post a Comment