Monday, December 9, 2013

Mini Rechargeable 4GB USB Pen Drive Flash Digital Audio Voice Recorder WAV

Mini Rechargeable 4GB USB Pen Drive Flash Digital Audio Voice Recorder WAVIf you need a *small* portable audio recorder this flash drive works very well. It's strictly no frills. The instructions are poorly written but the device is easy to use.

Audio quality is fine (surprisingly good). I've tested it by leaving it on a table and walking across the room and back. Volume does fade off with distance but it's perfectly adequate to capture conversations in a reasonable sized room. It is fairly faint at a distance of 5 meters (about 15 feet). Within 5 to 10 feet it does just fine at picking up normal voice levels. It's not terribly great at recording music (not high quality it sounds quite muffled).

The files are standard WAV files and thus easy to work with via most audio software.

File size is roughly 1.4 MB per minute, thus about 44 hours total can fit on the device. However don't expect the battery to last that long (more likely the battery will last for 5 to 10 hours of recording before needing to be recharged), the instructions indicate 13 hours of battery time. The instructions indicate it takes "around" three hours to recharge.

When not used for audio, it functions as a normal 4 GB FAT32 formatted flash drive.

Audio files are stored in a folder named "RECORD". Opening the file in GoldWave (audio editing software) it displays as 48 kHz, 4 bit , mono, at 192kbps. GoldWave complains that there isn't a "valid 'fact' chuck and the number of samples cannot be accurately determined" but it still works fine. Sony ACID Music Studio doesn't have any problem working with the file either.

It is a little concerning that it has a reset button and the instructions indicate "the device can not work suddenly, do not worry, you only need to insert small sharp object into the reset hole" so apparently it must malfunction every once in a while.

It takes about five to ten seconds before it starts recording, the blue light will flash briefly and then goes off (but it continues to record until you turn it off).

Received this product, was very excited. I am a minister who conducts Bible Study in homes. I thought this would be great to record instead of setting up recording devices from house to house as in past. I used this for first time, plugged into USB PORT and seemed it worked perfectly. Sound was extremely fantastic for what I use it for. BUT, THEN, later plugged it again into USB to download so I can burn discs, and computer no longer recognizes this product. I tried it on brand new laptop and also on older desktop. NO GO, nothing happens at all when I plug it in. I do not know what happened, I am very disappointed because I had such hopes for it. OH well, maybe I just got a defective one. I suppose I will look for something else.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE : After reviewing this the first time and giving it a one star. I began to look over device. Now mind you, there are no instruction that come with it. So upon inspection, I noticed a very small pinhole. So I figured like many devices, this was to reset the device. Which I did. Took a wire and pushed in hole. Plugged into USB and low and behold, it is working. Still had my recorded message on it. Sounds great, so I change from a ONE STAR TO FIVE. Hope this is helpful.

Buy Mini Rechargeable 4GB USB Pen Drive Flash Digital Audio Voice Recorder WAV Now

The instructions for this thing were clearly translated into English from not-English, which kind of starts things off on the wrong foot. Right out of the package, the thing didn't record my voice. I assumed this was because it wasn't charged (which would make sense -most things aren't when you first open them), but the instructions (I think) indicated that a solid red light (as opposed to a blinking one) meant that it was fully charged. I had a solid red light. Nothing.

I let it charge for awhile, just in case... and sure enough, it worked after a few hours of being plugged in.

The button mechanism is very inconveniently located, and isn't terribly easy to switch on if, for instance, you're driving. Which is when I use it most. You also have to wait up to 10 seconds to get the "okay to record" light. Also not terribly convenient. You also have no real indication if it's actually recording. The light goes off when you're clear to record, and... you assume it's recording because the switch is set to "record," but there's no real way of knowing for sure. A light to indicate that recording is taking place would be very helpful.

On the plus side, the sound quality is surprisingly good for something this inexpensive -I fed these audio files into Dragon Dictation and it made sense of them pretty handily, even with the rather loud ambient noise of my car.

Looking over Amazon's selection of these things, it would appear that most of them are basically the same construction as this one, which is too bad. It's a great idea for a product. It just needs to be designed a little better.

UPDATE: product completely stopped working after about a week. The light, which I assume was off because it was recording, never came back on. I've had it charging all day, and still nothing. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Read Best Reviews of Mini Rechargeable 4GB USB Pen Drive Flash Digital Audio Voice Recorder WAV Here

It works very well. I'm a student and use it to record what teachers say in class. It help me a lot. I can listen what teaches say at class again and again!

It looks like a flash driver.

Want Mini Rechargeable 4GB USB Pen Drive Flash Digital Audio Voice Recorder WAV Discount?

The recording quality is good. A good product at a low price. Start recording is easy, I just moved the power button and go! I did not need to know anything about recording, I just moved the button and go! The usb voice recording with good quality up to 9 feet. To hear the recording I just had to connect the usb to the laptop, I opened the folder recording in usb and I found the recording file ready to hear it. I double click and ready, I began to listen to the recording. The recording file can be copied, deleted like a file that is stored on a USB. The shape and design of the USB is discrete, not surprising. The product was very well packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment