The Vivitar is water tight, but always make sure it's totally dry before opening the battery door to be sure of no water leakage, also leave the White Balance on Daylight for underwater shooting...I tried setting it at Cloudy to compensate for the occasional salty haze of Caribbean water, but it resulted in a dark sepia tone.
Summary lightweight, compact, good audio, great video clarity, but NOT HD without video enhancement software, but the 640 x 480 format is still VERY clear...Buy this one! ALSO, contrary to some reviews, you CAN use an 8GB card...I'm using a micro SDHC card with a micro SD adapter with NO problem at all.
Go to and check out Snorkeling The Reef Resort Grand Cayman Vivitar 850W for another video sample I shot with this cameraI was affraid that this underwater camera would not take adaquate pictures, however, i was very pleased with the quality of the movies and stills we took, both above and below water. i took videos from 1 ft 15 feet and after i got home i was shocked on how clear most of the shots and film were. for the money i have no complaints. note that you will not be able to view the lcd underwater, you will have to use sight direction only .
Buy Vivitar DVR-850W Underwater Digital Video Recorder Camcorder (Purple) Now
I took this camera underwater for the 1st time and the thing leaked around the housing screws. I would recommend putting some kind of sealer around any screw or screw covers before taking it under water. My camera lasted approximately 1 minute in the water and then it died. I was able to remove my memory stick and salvage some pictures.Read Best Reviews of Vivitar DVR-850W Underwater Digital Video Recorder Camcorder (Purple) Here
Good camera, takes good pictures! Video part does not have a flash to support filming. Easy camera / video formats to manipulate and work with on any PC.Want Vivitar DVR-850W Underwater Digital Video Recorder Camcorder (Purple) Discount?

No comments:
Post a Comment